For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, FindDesign (we or us) is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We may obtain certain personal data about you when you visit the FindDesign website (such as your name, email address, browser information, IP address, information about your actions (likes/dislikes)) for example:
- We may obtain your email address and name when you log in via facebook or a social media account
- We will obtain your IP address when you visit the website
- We will record your likes and dislikes and record your purchase history
- We may in the future create a FindDesign account system which will require the storage of your credit card and other details
- We may record your telephone number or other contact details if you provide them to us in connection with a customer service issue
- Android users, please note that we collect Personally Identifiable Information.
A web cookie is a small piece of data sent from our site and stored on the your computer by your web browser. They act as a memory for web pages and allow us to personalise your shopping experience.
- Keep you logged in to your account when you move around our site;
- Allow you to set preferences which are then saved for the next time you return;
- Target our marketing and advertising campaigns by providing advertisement tailored to your interests;
- Use the data for analytics to help improve the content on site and understand our customer’s better;
- To speed up your searches and make your overall experience more enjoyable.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example Facebook, which we use to show your wishlist. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party.